Social Security Disability Attorney West Palm Beach, Florida
Understanding Social Security assistance programs
Whether you live in Fort Lauderdale or Orlando, government assistance is available for persons in our state who are disabled or facing impoverishment. Serving you from offices throughout Florida, the Social Security Disability attorney West Palm Beach at Scott J. Sternberg and Associates, P.A. provide committed assistance when you face mounting pressure from hardship and disability.
If considering applying for Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), we help you understand the background of these programs so that you can make a successful application based on the facts of your situation.
Helping you with Social Security Disability (SSD)
Social Security Disability is a federal assistance program providing aid to disabled workers. To qualify for SSD, you must meet these criteria:
- SSD is an assistance program for workers. You must have sufficient, recent history in the workforce to qualify for SSD.
- In order to gain benefits, you must be disabled under the rigorous definition of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Unlike the Florida Workers compensation program, SSD pays only for total disability. Disability is strictly defined by the SSA in the following ways:
- You are not able to do work you did previously.
- Your disability prevents you from doing different work.
- The disability is expected to endure a year or more.
- Your condition is likely to result in death.
A Social Security Disability attorney West Palm Beach with our firm can help you review these criteria to address your eligibility for SSD in a straightforward manner. We also provide guidance with the following topics related to SSD:
- Filing for Social Security Disability benefits
- Social Security Disability appeals and hearings
- Understanding denied Social Security Disability claims
- Work credit requirements for Social Security Disability
- Social Security Disability benefits
- Supplemental Security Income Financial
- Medical evidence required for Social Security Disability
- Understanding listed Social Security Disability conditions
- Psychological conditions and Social Security Disability
Obtaining Social Security Disability is a sometimes lengthy, frustrating process. Our lawyers help you understand what is ahead and fight to achieve benefits rightfully due to you.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Intended for people who are disabled, blind, aged or impoverished, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is not tied to time in the workforce. The Social Security Administration uses the same definition of disability in determining your eligibility, but also takes into account income and assets available to you.
As with Workers compensation and Social Security Disability, our attorneys ensure that your application is correct and complete to minimize roadblocks to your receipt of benefits. We also help you understand Supplemental Security Income financial eligibility requirements to help you achieve all eligible benefits.
When injured or disabled, the goal of our legal team is to ease your hardship and help you obtain the benefits rightfully yours under state and federal law.
Social Security Disability Attorney West Palm Beach
In Fort Lauderdale or elsewhere in Florida, Scott J. Sternberg and Associates, P.A. provides seasoned help with Workers compensation, Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income from our offices in Orlando, Boca Raton and West Palm Beach.
We offer reliable, experienced legal service and will travel to you if you are unable to come to one of our local area offices. Call us at 561.687.5660 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation.