Settling a Florida Workers’ Comp Claim – What Are You Entitled to?
Suffering a work-related injury is always painful and disruptive. Florida Workers compensation laws are designed to provide you with medical care and compensation after an injury on the job.
However, the Workers compensation application and settlement process isn’t always a smooth one. If you are injured on the job, Sternberg | Forsythe, P.A. offers reputable, trustworthy legal service to help you obtain the best legal outcome.
Some Of The Main Areas We Serve Can Be Found Below:
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- Boca Raton, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
Understanding Workers compensation Settlements in Florida
Understanding lump sum settlements and the settlement process is important before you sign on the dotted line. Consider these points before settling your Workers comp claim:
- Settling your worker’s comp claim usually means you will receive a lump sum settlement that alleviates your employer’s responsibility to pay your medical expenses.
- Settling a Workers compensation claim is purely voluntary. A Workers compensation judge may not order a lump sum settlement, nor can you or your employer force each other to settle.
- The settlement amount is based on a number of factors, including the value of your claim to the insurer. Since Workers compensation benefits are paid out in small sums over time, an employer (or their insurer) may not be inclined to offer full value or their full financial exposure in the matter.
- Factors considered in a settlement can include your age, health, education, work experience, average weekly wage, level of impairment, and anticipated future medical needs.
- Life expectancy is also considered in a settlement since Workers compensation is extinguished if you pass away.
If you are considering a settlement, speak to an attorney to ensure you fully understand your rights and that you are receiving the maximum amount of benefits and compensation for your injury.
Legal Assistance with Florida Workers Compensation Settlements
With offices in West Palm Beach, Orlando, and Boca Raton, Sternberg | Forsythe, P.A. is dedicated to offering high-quality and personalized legal service to all clients. to achieve the workers compensation, disability and other benefits you deserve. Contact us online or at 561.687.5660 to learn more about Florida Workers Compensation Settlements, disability, and other benefits related to your claim.