Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton
Depending on the industry in which you work, you may be more prone to job-related accidents.
If your trade is construction, your workplace is a constantly changing, highly hazardous landscape. In fact, according to the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), more than 17 percent of workplace fatalities in 2011 were in the construction industry.
Like other industries, construction employers in Florida are required to carry Workers’ Compensation for their employees. If you are injured on a worksite, the Orlando construction injury lawyer at Sternberg | Forsythe, P.A. can offer you experienced representation and legal guidance.
Locations, We Are Serving For:
Construction Accident FAQs :
- Can I Get Workers’ Compensation for a Construction Injury?
- The Most Common Construction Site Accidents and Injuries
- Injuries at Florida Construction Sites
The Dangers Of Construction
According to OSHA, four types of accidents were responsible for 57 percent of construction site fatalities in 2011. Named the fatal four, these accidents take the lives of over 400 construction workers each year:
- Being struck by objects
- Being caught between objects
The nature of a construction site involves constant movement, machinery, and workers attending to different tasks. While these factors alone account for construction injuries each year, OSHA investigations reveal persistent workplace violations of safety standards. The ten most frequently cited safety violations in 2011 involved the following:
- Scaffolding construction and requirements
- Protection from falls
- Hazard communication
- Protection from respiratory hazards
- Control of hazardous energy while servicing or maintaining machines
- Electrical equipment and wiring
- Industrial trucks
- Use and construction of ladders
- Electrical system design
- Guarding on machines
With 15 years of experience working with victims of construction accidents, our lawyers provide seasoned advice concerning injuries on a job site, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Head and facial injuries – including loss of vision and hearing
- Electrocution and burns
- Bone fractures and crushing
- Exposure to hazardous materials
- Spinal cord injury (SCI) and paralysis
- Amputation and loss of function
Our Boca Raton Construction Accident Lawyer Can Help
As an injured worker, you are entitled to Workers’ compensation benefits. A worksite injury may also involve a civil personal injury claim against a contractor, vendor, or manufacturer of defective machinery.
If you are injured, seek medical attention immediately, report your injury to your employer, and speak with our Boca Raton construction injury attorney. Our legal team has the skill and experience to ensure you receive the necessary benefits and compensation.
Contact Sternberg | Forsythe, P.A.
The Boca Raton construction Accident attorneys at Sternberg | Forsythe, P.A. are dedicated to offering clients a personalized legal approach to workers’ compensation claims.
Contact us online or at 561.687.5660 for a consultation.