If you have been injured on the job or have suffered an illness due to your employment it is time to consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. Why? The answer is simple: a workers’ compensation attorney will handle every step of the process from start to finish when you file the claim and attempt to acquire benefits from your employer. The attorney will also fight for your right to compensation if your claim is denied. Today, we will take a look at the most important ways a workers’ compensation lawyer can help you when injured or sickened on the job so you don’t miss out on benefits.
Ways in Which a Lawyer Can Help
The ways in which a lawyer can help are immeasurable when filing a workers’ compensation claim in Florida. Some of the ways in which a lawyer can help include the following:
- File the required forms
- Ensure you meet all the filing deadlines
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company
- Write a settlement agreement
- Prepare you for and represent you at trial
- Offering advice on the possibility of filing a third-party claim or receiving other benefits
The most important benefit of working with a workers’ compensation attorney is that the attorney will be able to tip the scales in your favor. The workers’ compensation system seems to be working in favor of employers and insurance companies these days instead of helping the injured or ill employees. That’s where an experienced lawyer can come into play regarding your case.
Scenarios in Which You Need to Hire an Attorney
The following are the most important scenarios in which you should hire a workers’ compensation attorney to help with your claim:
- The settlement offer from your employer fails to cover your lost wages or all of your medical bills.
- The claim is denied by your employer or your employer fails to pay the benefits you deserve in a timely manner.
- You are planning to apply for Social Security disability benefits or already receive them.
- The medical condition from which you suffer does not allow you to return to your job or severely limits the work you can perform.
- The injury you suffered occurred because of the actions of a third party or because of serious misconduct committed by your employer.
- You are retaliated against by your employer for filing the claim in the first place.
Schedule a Consultation Today
Were you injured or sickened on the job in Florida? It’s time to speak with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney about your injuries. As you can see, the team at Sternberg / Forsythe, P.A., Attorneys at Law can help you every step of the way when dealing with a worker’s compensation claim. Call the office at 561-687-5660 today to schedule an initial consultation about your case. It’s vital that you protect your rights the minute you are injured or sickened on the job so you don’t lose out on any benefits.