An Overview of Florida Workers Compensation Laws
Workers Compensation is a system for handling claims by employees who suffer work-related injuries or occupational diseases.
The system provides that employees be guaranteed benefits through workers compensation insurance without having to prove their employer was at fault. Injured workers give up their right to sue their employer in court in exchange for this state mandated benefit.
Workers comp cases are often quite complex, but the Broward and Palm Beach County workers compensation attorneys at the law firm of Scott J. Sternberg & Associates, P.A. are dedicated to guiding clients through the system.
We Have Following Locations To Serve You:
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- Boca Raton, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
Who is covered by Workers compensation?
Certain employers are required to carry workers compensation insurance, either through an insurer or through self-insurance, including:
- Employers in an industry other than construction, with four or more full or part-time employees
- Employers in the construction industry with one or more employees
- State or local government employers
- Farmers with more than five regular employees and twelve seasonal agricultural workers who work 30 days or more
There are certain exceptions to these rules, such as for sole proprietors and independent contractors. Florida workers compensation lawyers can help you find out if you are covered by workers compensation, or if you or your employer falls under an exception.
- Who Pays for Workers’ Compensation in Florida?
- Can My Employer Fire Me While I’m Out on Workers’ Compensation?
Workers Compensation Benefits
Our work injuries lawyers Boca Raton understand that many injured workers depend on their benefits, which is why we strive to maximize the benefits our clients obtain. Some types of workers comp benefits available in Florida include:
- Medical benefits, including authorized, medically necessary doctor and specialist visits, hospitalization, treatment, physical therapy, tests, prescription drugs, and prostheses
- Mileage reimbursement for travel to medical treatments and appointments
- Lost wages
- Temporary total disability benefits
- Temporary partial disability
- Impairment benefits
- Permanent total disability benefits
- Death benefits, including funeral expenses and compensation to surviving spouses and dependents
If You Have Been Injured In an Accident
CALL FOR HELP 561-687-5660
Work with An Experienced Florida Workers Compensation Laws
Our Florida workers compensation laws are fully committed to giving workers comp clients the help they need. By putting our 15 years of experience to use, we help injured clients obtain the benefits they deserve.
Contact Scott J. Sternberg & Associates, P.A. online or at 561.687.5660 today for a free consultation.
We offer evening and weekend appointments in our offices in Palm Beach County, Martin County, and Orlando.
Expert Attorneys Working in Florida :