Suffering a work-related injury can be a traumatic experience, and it can have serious financial and emotional consequences. But you do not need to deal with it alone. A West Palm Beach injury lawyer can help you be eligible for:
Sustaining a work-related injury can be a traumatic experience that often results in both financial and emotional hardships. A West Palm Beach work injury lawyer can help you recoup:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Other expenses related to your injury
The process of collecting benefits you are legally entitled to can be complex and overwhelming, especially when you are already dealing with the physical and emotional effects of your injury.
That’s why it is important to hire an experienced workers’ compensation attorney who can help guide you through the legal maze, protect your rights, and get you the compensation you deserve.
What Is a Work Injury Lawyer?
A work injury lawyer is a lawyer who focuses on handling cases for those hurt in the workplace. They are knowledgeable about workers’ compensation laws and can help you navigate the process of filing a claim for benefits.
If you were hurt or sickened because of your job environment, you have the right to seek compensation for your medical costs and lost wages. The same thing holds true if your employer neglected to provide the necessary safety equipment or instruction which caused, either directly or indirectly, an injury.
Filing a claim necessitates certain procedures to be followed for success, including gathering key pieces of evidence such as:
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- Photographs of where the accident took place
When Should You Contact a West Palm Beach Work Injury Lawyer?
If you have been injured due to your job – regardless of whether you are classified as a full-time employee or a 1099 contractor – you should immediately contact an attorney, to ensure you protect your rights, as well as maximize potential compensation or benefits.
In fact, it is even more important to contact an attorney if you are classified as an independent contractor, since employers will often try to classify employees as independent contractors instead of regular employees to avoid providing them with workers’ compensation benefits.
Also keep in mind that your employer may try to negate accountability for your injuries or diminish their magnitude to limit their out-of-pocket expenses to not give you remuneration or other recompenses. A good workers’ compensation lawyer will analyze the details surrounding what happened to determine whether you have a case.
What Can an Injury Lawyer Do for You?
If you are like most people we speak with, you have limited knowledge of your rights or how to proceed with filing a workers’ compensation claim. This is where an experienced West Palm Beach work injury lawyer can help.
An attorney who is well-versed in employment law can make sure documents are accurately filed, evaluate proposed settlements and research whether you are a viable candidate for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). If criminal charges arise out of the incident, they may even be able to handle this for you as well.
How Can a West Palm Beach Work Injury Lawyer Help You Get the Benefits You Deserve?
An experienced West Palm Beach work injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights so that you are able to collect the compensation you rightfully deserve.
A qualified lawyer will:
- Evaluate your case to determine what type of benefits you may be eligible for under the law
- Tirelessly fight to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible, based on the details surrounding your injury
A good workers compensation attorney will also provide professional assistance when filing a claim against your employer or insurer. Without this type of expertise, costly mistakes could be made due to a lack of familiarity with applicable laws governing such matters in Florida.
It is important to note, however, that you need to work with a lawyer who has expertise and familiarity with workers’ compensation laws.
What Should You Look For in a Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach?
There are a few key things to keep in mind as you are vetting options for who to hire to handle your case:
- Has experience handling similar cases successfully. It is imperative that whomever you hire has a good foundational understanding of Florida laws governing these types of claims, as well as knowledge about common strategies used by employers when attempting to deny valid claims.
- Has connections within local government agencies, since this could expedite processing times for certain documents needed during proceedings, such as police reports or medical records.
- Works on a contingency basis, which means that they do not get paid unless they win or settle your case successfully.
- Possesses impeccable communication skills. It is important that you feel relaxed speaking with your attorney, and that they are responsive to phone calls and emails.
- Is familiar with state regulations concerning worker safety standards.
- Possesses knowledge on the legal AND medical front.
- Maintains good working relationships with doctors and other medical professionals who can provide accurate information about treatment options available for their client’s specific conditions.
- Has strong negotiation skills.
In addition, be sure to:
- Read online reviews from former clients
- Check out their website and social media accounts for additional reviews
Seek Legal Representation
An experienced workers compensation attorney can help ensure that your rights are protected and that you collect the benefits and compensation you deserve.
When looking for a work injury lawyer, make sure they have experience in this particular field of law and understand how to best represent your interests.
At Sternberg Forsythe P.A., our attorneys are committed to providing personalized service that helps individuals protect their rights and get the justice they deserve. Don’t wait any longer – Contact us today to discuss your case with our knowledgeable team of lawyers.