Miami Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Lost wages and unexpected medical costs arising from a workplace injury may make your life extremely difficult. This is only compounded if you are trying to recover from the injuries you suffered. Unfortunately, the issues don’t stop there. Insurance companies – and even employers – often look for ways to avoid having to pay out your workers’ compensation benefits, which can further complicate your road to full recovery.
At Scott J. Sternberg & Associates P.A., our team of Miami workers compensation lawyers are ready to help you acquire the benefits you are owed, to ease your recovery while providing the financial support you need. To date, we have helped thousands of clients recover their benefits when insurance companies and employers did not want to pay. We can help you achieve the same results.
If you have been injured while at work and believe that you are not receiving the full benefits you deserve, then you need to contact our team of attorneys at Sternberg & Associates.
Which Miami Employers Are Required to Carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance Coverage?
With very few exceptions, each employer in Miami and the state of Florida must have workers’ compensation coverage if they meet certain requirements and conditions. These conditions include the following:
- If you are working in any industry besides construction and the employer has four or more workers, part or full-time, then the employer is required to keep workers’ compensation insurance, except for the corporate officers.
- For those working in the construction industry, and an employer has more than one employee, then they have to carry a proper amount of workers’ compensation coverage, except for the members of LLC companies and corporate officers.
- When employed by the local or state government, it is required that the employer carry adequate workers’ compensation insurance.
- For farmers that have five regular employees or a minimum of 12 seasonal employees that work for a period of at least 30 days, the employer must have workers’ compensation insurance.
How Can a Lawyer Help With a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Our team of attorneys fully understand the law regarding workers’ compensation cases in Florida. Because work injuries can occur in many ways, and because the circumstances of the injuries are going to affect how attorneys can help, it is imperative to contact our attorneys as soon as you can after the injury occurs. Regardless of what type of injury you have suffered, you will be able to receive workers’ compensation benefits if the injury occurred on-the-job.
When you hire our team of Miami Workers Compensation Lawyers, we can help you to file the claim, and to bolster it in several ways, including the following:
- Explaining each of the steps that must be taken during the claims process
- Gathering all relevant medical documents
- Interviewing witnesses to help support the claim that you have made
- Consulting with medical experts regarding how severe your injuries are/were
- Mediating with the insurance company for your employer
- Filing the claim
If your claim happens to be denied, then this doesn’t mean that all hopes to recover workers’ compensation benefits are gone. We can continue to fight for you by filing an appeal for this denial, or by having your case evaluated once again.
Understanding the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Claims Process in Miami
When you are able to successfully collect all the benefits that you are eligible for according to workers’ compensation coverage, the funds can go quite far in making your life easier while helping you recover from the injuries you have sustained. However, to receive the benefits, you have to go through the entire claims process, and we can help.
The steps involved with filing a claim to get your benefits are:
- File the proper notice and documents with your employer
- File the claim with the proper insurer
- Have an independent medical evaluation conducted
- Give the insurance company the time to evaluate the claim
If You Have Been Injured In an Accident
CALL FOR HELP 561-687-5660
Workers’ Compensation Benefits You May Be Eligible To Receive
In the majority of situations, your workers’ compensation benefits will pay out for replacement wages, as well as medical bills. However, every case is unique, so the specific circumstances of the injury you have suffered is going to determine what type and how much you receive regarding benefits.
If you need help with your workers’ compensation benefits, then the best thing you can do is contact our team of experienced, qualified Miami workers compensation lawyers. We are here to help you with your case and help you get the benefits you deserve for the injuries you suffered due to a workplace accident. Contact us today to learn more.