Bicycle accidents can be severe and may result in life-threatening injuries. From fractures to head trauma, bicycle accidents can cause horrific injuries that could lead to a lifetime of pain and suffering, as well as permanent disability.
Bicycles don’t offer their riders any protection from the physical forces of an accident. Even when cyclists are wearing helmets and protective gear, catastrophic injuries can still occur even during low-speed collisions.
Sadly, even while bicycle accident victims are still recovering, insurance companies may begin pressuring them to accept a low-ball settlement offer. They’re hoping injured cyclists will sign these settlements before the full extent of their injuries can be fully realized.
When this occurs, injured bicycle accident victims need an experienced and skilled Florida bicycle accident lawyer on their side to negotiate a fair settlement. But not all injury attorneys are able to handle complex bicycle accident cases. So how do you choose the right attorney for your case?
7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Meeting with an injury attorney can be overwhelming, especially when you are injured. When you meet with an attorney after your bicycle accident, asking numerous questions will help you get to know the attorney better. These questions will help you choose the best attorney for your case.
- What is your experience handling bicycle accident cases? Bicycle accident cases are different from other types of injury cases. It is best to choose a lawyer with specific experience litigating and negotiating bicycle accident cases.
- What is your experience handling cases that involve my specific type of injury? You need a lawyer that has experience handling cases that involve your injury. Brain injury cases, for example, require a law firm that understands the long-term complications brain injury survivors may face.
- What is the best way to communicate with you and your firm? It is best to understand how your attorney communicates most efficiently. Is email or phone preferable, or does your attorney prefer to meet in person?
- What is your success rate? The right attorney should have an excellent track record and be able to provide you with examples of cases they’ve negotiated or litigated and won.
- How do you charge for cases? Personal injury lawyers generally handle accident cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t pay any fees unless the attorney is successful in obtaining an award for you.
- Which attorney will be directly handling my case? In larger law firms, the attorney you meet is not necessarily the attorney who will be handling your case. Find out ahead of time which lawyer will be working on your case.
- Do you have time to focus on my case? Some lawyers are simply too busy to take on new cases. Ask them honestly if they have enough room in their schedule to devote time to your case.
Work with An Experienced Florida Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle accident in Florida, it is important to seek legal representation immediately. At Sternberg / Forsythe, P.A. our bicycle accident lawyers want to take the time to get to know you and your case. We offer free initial consultations and are ready to fight aggressively for your future.
By putting our 15 years of experience to use, we help injured clients obtain the benefits they deserve. Contact Sternberg / Forsythe, P.A. online or at (561) 687-5660 today for a free consultation. We offer evening and weekend appointments in our offices in Palm Beach County, Martin County, and Orlando.